Wednesday, July 3, 2013

20 Different Ice Cream Topping Ideas (In Honor of National Ice Cream Month)

Image source: flickr.com  

I admittedly just found out the other day that July is National Ice Cream Month. Ice cream is my favorite dessert. I go kind of crazy over it.

Since I have a little bit of a culinary streak in me, I can rarely eat certain foods just as they are. I've added peanut butter to pancake batter, I've put vegetables on my toast, I've put crackers in my chicken and rice, I've put Nutella in my coffee. (That was actually someone else's idea. Cheers to Holli.) 

Case in point, I love to experiment with different mixtures and toppings. I guess you could say I like playing with my food. 

I especially love experimenting with ice cream toppings. There are so many different toppings that would be delicious on top of your favorite ice cream. So with that said, here are 20 different ice cream topping ideas: 

1. Sugar cookie chunks
2. Granola 
3. Gummy worms 
4. Corn flakes
5. Fresh fruit
6. Raw quinoa 
7. Oreo crumbs 
8. M&Ms 
9. Cocoa puffs
10. Chocolate syrup
11. Potato chips
12. Reese's mini peanut butter cups 
13. Roasted almonds 
14. Kit-Kat bar crumbs 
15. Mini pretzels  
16. Mini marshmallows 
17. Graham cracker crumbs 
18. Brownie bites 
19. Toffee 
20. Chocolate chips 

Happy National Ice Cream Month!

<3 Madison 

No comments:

Post a Comment